Current Order period: (please note this is the last order period until August 27th)
June 21st to June 27th @ 8:00 pm
For the past 14 years slo-foods has donated to various community fundraising events. COVID-19 has shifted our focus to supporting the Food Security Initiative that we believe has the greatest direct benefit to our community. As a board member of Gabriola Agricultural Co-Op I had the opportunity to initiate and guide the BCAFM Nutrition Coupon program through it’s initial stage. After over 30 years of involvement with the sustainable agriculture movement it is my observation that this program is a keystone in building personal and collective food security. https://bcfarmersmarket.org/coupon-program/how-it-works/
Setting the coupon program aside, we acknowledge the importance of Gabriola Agricultural Co-Operative as an economic driver for our community. As with many organizations COVID-19 has increased administration costs while negatively affecting revenues. There are a number of ways that the we as a community can step forward and I encourage everyone to engage according to their abilities.
slo-foods.com has pledged funds to Gabriola Agricultural Co-Op specifically to support the nutrition coupon program. This sponsorship will cover the annual membership in BC Association of Farmers Markets as well as some of the administration costs of implementing the nutrition coupon program.
The collaboration between BCAFM, Gabriola Agricultural Co-Op and PHC over the past two years has placed over $25,000 into the pockets of low income families and seniors flowing by design to our local food producers. It is well known that each dollar spent locally circulates six to seven times within the community. Our goal is to empower several pieces of of the Food Security puzzle, demonstrate aspects of the circular economy and encourage the participation of the broader community who share the same values.
*****For timeline and delivery
Welcome to slo-foods.com Gabriola Island 2020
Celebrating our 14th year on Gabriola Island with the launch of our new website.
Please keep in mind that this is a transition period and this will always be a work in progress.
Your feedback is important and welcome.
All prices subject to change.
- New customers must sign in before they can place an order—-see sidebar —create my account
- If you are already registered but have not place an order on the new website–you may need to change your password–see sidebar—view
- Once you are signed in you –do not–need to sign in everytime.
- The header bar at top of the page is your main guide
- “Shopping & product categories” Showcase the product categories, each page opening to display the choices.
- Many categories have multiple pages ( indicated at the bottom of each page)
- Items in each category are listed alphabetically
- Caution –item sizes may not be listed in sequential order
- You may be required to change your password (see sidebar passwords)
- Follow instructions to complete your order you will receive confirmation via e-mail
- See buyer’s club news for updates on order/delivery timeline–Covid-19—packaging—pricing policies—and news.
- The product list in the right sidebar are new listings