Orange peels are rich in fibre, vitamins, and disease-fighting polyphenols. They also contain limonene, a chemical that may protect against skin cancer.
One tablespoon of orange peel has almost 3x the amount of vitamin C as the fruit itself and 4x the fibre!
- Add dried orange peels to your soups for a nuance of citrus flavor.
- When making jams, jellies, and preserves, the peels can be simmered with the fruit to enhance the flavor.
- Mix dried and ground orange peels into cake batter, your morning smoothie, or protein shake.
- Brew some strips of dried peels in hot water to make a delicious orange peel tea.
- Grind the dried peels to make orange peel powder. The powder can be used in baking.