The slo-foods model is based on carrying little or no stock, eliminating the need for a brick and mortar store, thus reducing the cost to the end user. It is important to keep use and storage in mind when ordering. In (yesterdays) normal timeframe the timeline between ordering and delivery was approximately two weeks. Covid-19 has altered this and some suppliers who repackage items have developed protocols that require a bit more time. The timelines listed below should be used as a guideline.
1) The order periods generally start on a Friday and close 9 days later on Sunday at 8:00 pm
2) Monday I compile the orders and order from the different wholesalers.
3) The bulk suppliers usually will have my order ready for pickup in Nanaimo by Thursday
4) The suppliers who re-package will have the order ready by mid to late in the following week
5) Once I have all the orders I can assemble the individual orders, adjust prices and begin delivery
6) There is currently no pickup and there will be a delivery charge of $5 added to you bill
7) The date of packing your order will be on the outside of the box –so if you wish to err on the side of caution leave the box for three days before unpacking. (covid virus can live up to 3 days on plastic and 24 hrs on paper/cardboard)